Monday, September 26, 2005

The Very Long Day


To be honest, I have no idea who this baby is. I found
the picture on the web and it is symbolic of how I hope
my flights go tomorrow. 1) That I indeed will sleep like
a baby for all 20 hours of flying time and 2) If there are
any babies on the flights, they will be sleeping like this
one.
We leave New Zealand tomorrow for another year and
it will be a very long day. Leaving Christchurch at 2:30 pm
and arriving in Chicago at 8:00 pm the same day. No...not
the same day... 29 1/2 hours and 4 airports later. Ugh!
In all of the time we have been coming down to the Ice, we
have never gone straight through before without a stop
somewhere, but this will be the case this year. Thankfully
we won't have very long layovers at any airport (LAX will
be the longest at 3 hours, but if we did, there is a nice
website http://www.sleepinginairports.net/ for just such
an emergency. The next time I write will be from the
Chicago area for a few days before heading to Santa Fe.
Farewell New Zealand until February when I return!

No comments: