Friday, October 14, 2005

The End of the World


The end of the world is coming (maybe) to a
television screen near you. Well, not the
Armageddon type fire and brimstone scene
where small children duck and cover under
desks...but pretty darn close. I am a Cubs Fan.
I'm not ashamed of it. In fact I'm very proud of
it. At least 4 generations of my family have been
Cubs fans (except for one rebellious aunt...rest her
soul). What is the reason for my anxiety you may
ask? There is a real possibility of the white sox
making it to the World Series. Not only that...
the st. louis cardinals may be joining them there.
I know...you're saying...What's the big deal?
It's only baseball. But to a Cubs fan, it's the worst
possible thing that could happen. Three of the
four teams Cubs fans dislike most are still in the
playoffs. We also dislike houston, but not as much
as st. louis. How does one cheer for roger clemens
or that smirky craig biggio. However, if it comes to
houston vs the white sox in the World Series...I
will be the biggest astros fan in the world. Stay
tuned...blood curdling screams of angst may be
imminent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sox are in the series. Hey, remember when we used to get free tickets for perfect attendance or str8 A's?