Monday, March 06, 2006

Phil's Blog From Antarctica



In case some of you are wondering what's going
on at McMurdo Station, Antarctica this year,
check out Phil Jacobsen's blog.

http://www.philjacobsen.com/

Phil is a good friend we wintered with two
years ago and he's back down on the Ice
for another winter, this time in the Supply
Department. Besides being a master Cribbage
player, Phil holds the unofficial official
record for longest tenure as a dishwasher
on the Ice at one time (14 months straight).
I go to his site regularly to check out what's
going on down there. Phil is a great guy and
and makes his living off the Ice as a writer
for the Salt Lake City Weekly. His blog makes
for some humorous and interesting reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey tom

I just stopped by to see what you and Lynn were up to and it looks like you're up to me. Thanks for reading and passing on my blog info.

Especially thanks for saying I'm a great guy. I just left southern exposure after losing a poker tournament. I thought for certain I would win. I got all dressed up. When was the last time you saw someone wearing a tie at Southern? Any ways, I was the first loser. Ouch.

First loser at poker. Great guy at tom's blog. I like you better than a stinky bar.

Keep on writing.
Phil