Thursday, October 11, 2007

Off To The South


Our first night ever in Asia was restful and I
think I've overcome the 6 hour time difference
from New Zealand. We had a great breakfast at
the hotel and were entertained by a friendly
fish in the tank in the lobby. Our transportation
was much more resonable on the way too the airport
(duh). It would really stink to not speak either
Thai or English as everthing is labeled as such.
I got in line between two Eastern European men
at the ATM and they couldn't figure it out. I
felt bad. I got 5000 Baht which seemed like a
fortune! However it's only 150 dollars US.
After an uneventful short plane trip to Krabi,
we were met by a shuttle driver for the Sand Sea
Resort in Railay http://www.krabisandsea.com/
who took us to a longtail boat for our trip to
our hotel. The boat was hazardous to enter (I
guess I don't have sea legs) but the ride was a
lot of fun and we made it. This place is awesome!
Very warm and VERY humid, but right on the Andaman
Sea which is part of the Indian Ocean and huge
limestone cliffs all around. It even has internet!
So as we get ready to go to our room I'm looking
at a turqoise colored ocean and unwinding!

No comments: