Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not Feeling So...Fresh


Nothing is worse than being sick, but paying to be
in a hotel room, in a foreign land, to be sick. That's
the worst. I somehow lost all of Sunday. I have
vague recollections of getting up, talking to Ralph
on the Big White Phone and Driving the Porcelain 18
Wheeler, but other than that, the day is pretty much
a blur. Mostly sleep, listening to terribly loud
Buskers across the street in the Botanic Gardens and
numerous slamming doors comes to mind. I feel better
now, but terribly weak. Remembering my Mom's therapy
of drinking 7-Up definitely helped get the electrolytes
back in the system and Lynn played an excellent nurse.
In the meantime, I got really tired of sleeping and
being in bed...imagine that!

1 comment:

andrea said...

Keep it in Christchurch! We're tired of being sick down here, too. Lots of quarantines!