Friday, February 22, 2008

Not Good For Flying


While on shift tonight, Building 165 got that old
shaking feeling that I remember so well from last
winter and I knew it was just a matter of time
before one of the weather guys came in and announced
over the VHF to the station that it was Condition One
at Williams Field, Road to Williams Field, Pegasus,
and Road to Pegasus. Condition Three here in town,
but Condition One at the runways is not a good thing
if you're expecting two more flights in the next 36
hours to close down the Station until April 17th.
I have mixed emotions about that last plane leaving
as I want to see 250 people leave but good friends
like Susie, Kaska and others are on that last plane
and we won't see them again until October. So I think
I'm happy that the weather is unpredictable and the
wind is blowing plenty. It gives me a few more days
to spend with my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were there whitecaps in the john again? How well I remember 165 in the storms!

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Kaska for me!
I miss that girl.