Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dinner at Scott Base


Tonight we had the fortune of joining our Kiwi co-workers
Gid and David for dinner at nearby Scott Base. They were
wonderful hosts and after a nice glass of wine, we enjoyed
a nice steak, Indian dahl, and broccoli and cauliflower
casserole. YUM. The food at Scott Base is always the best!
Of course, I discovered while I was at dinner that I forgot
to put the memory chip in my camera, so I wasn't able to
get any photos! ARRGH! After dinner, I got to make lattes
for some of our dinner companions. It was fun being a
barista again! Then David took us on a tour of the station
and we got to go to some places that most folks don't get
to see such as the Library. It's one of my favorite places
and I haven't seen it since 2001!. All in all, a great
visit to a very cozy spot, just a few miles from McMurdo.

No comments: