Thursday, December 02, 2010

DV Reception


Tonight, I attended my first DV (Distinguished Visitor)
reception. I would have fit right in on the East Coast
of the US where everything is more formal. I wore my
nicest pants, shirt and sport coat and was probably the
best dressed in the room. I sometimes forget that I am
at McMurdo and everything is VERY casual. I probably was
more dressed up than the guests of honor. Oh well. Besides
that, I had a good time, chatting with some friends I don't
get to see very often and listening to several speeches and
listening to several humorous stories from the U.S. Ambassador
to New Zealand, David Huebner. He's a very likeable fellow
and so far the highest member of government I've ever met.
It wasn't a long reception, but interesting nonetheless.

No comments: