Thursday, July 28, 2011

Feeling Blue


I'm not a huge fan of college football. I occasionally check the scores to
see how Purdue did, but that's about it. However, out west there's a
school that breaks from tradition by using Blue grass on it's field. No,
not Kentucky bluegrass (and not really grass, but artificial turf), but
Blue...Grass. Boise State has artificial Blue turf on it's field. Most
fields are green. Either real grass, or artificial green grass. No, Boise
State's field is BLUE! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get inside the
stadium, but I was able to get a few shots from the corners. Wow!
That's pretty much all I can say. It's BLUE! While we were in Boise, I
read an article in the newspaper that said that the Mountain West
Conference (their athletic conference of which schools like Wyoming
and Colorado State are also members) ruled that Boise State can no
longer wear their all Blue uniforms at home. The must wear Blue
jerseys with white pants. Apparently, they've won 95% of their home
games over the last few years because the Blue/Blue on a Blue field
was giving them an unfair advantage(?)

Did I mention the field is BLUE?

Font size



1 comment:

Benjamin said...

The silly thing about that ruling is: does that mean that teams can't wear all green uniforms on green fields? Come on!