Thursday, June 01, 2006

The DaVinci Code



Today we went to see the DaVinci Code. I found it
to be a pretty good movie. Not the best I've ever
seen, but good nonetheless. It was well cast and
stayed true to the book. It didn't get great reviews
and I think it was probably a better movie if you'd
read (or listened to) the book, but seemed to make
sense nonetheless if you didn't. It was fun to see
the different scenes in the Louvre in Paris. We'd
stood in the exact same places that were in the film
and it brought back a lot of good memories.



Speaking of memories...there was a scene in the movie
(and in the book of course) that discussed the characters
featured in "The Last Supper", painted by Leonardo
DaVinci...or was it??? For years, there was a "Last
Supper" painted by my Mom hanging in my parent's dining
room. Of course it was a paint-by-number copy, but I
didn't know that...at least until I was at about 6 or 7
years old. Now, every time I see a copy of "The Last
Supper" in a thrift store (or a major motion picture),
I think, "There's The Last Supper...painted by my
Mom...not that fraud DaVinci". What a copycat he was!

No comments: