Monday, January 01, 2007

The Kindness of Others


I am a huge Antarctic Patch nerd and although
I saw him around town a few times, I never
managed to get a patch from Werner Herzog and
his Science Project. It was designed by the
creater of The Simpson's Matt Groening. For
those of you who don't know the name, Werner
is a famous movie producer/ director who's made
dozens of films. This summer he was on the Ice
making a film for the Discovery Channel. Werner
came and left and I was without a patch. Carol,
who works in the Post Office just down the hall
from my office heard that I didn't get a patch
so she gave me hers. What a nice thing to do!
She told me that she would probably just toss it
into a drawer someplace so she'd rather it went
to someone who would appreciate it. Thanks Carol!

No comments: