Sunday, June 03, 2007

Tie-Dye Antarctica Style


I don't think I could be a professional tie-dyer. I
really don't think there is such a thing. Well, maybe
some people out there will tie-dye in mass-production
mode, but I don't think I'm creative enough to do all
of the fancy swirls and designs that one can do if they
put their mind to it. Saturday, Lynn and I joined a
one day tie-dying class and made some cool looking shirts
and bandanas. I got some ideas from a video we watched
a few minutes before we started and had some colors in
mind. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but
isn't horrible either. I'm just glad it didn't turn out
all one color...like black.


I got done early and there was some extra fabric lying
around so I made a bandana as well. I used absolutely no
imagination on this one, just folding it a number of ways
into a jacobs ladder sort of design then used the same
colors that I used for the t-shirt. Everyone ooh'd and
ahh'd after each item was displayed on Sunday when we
rinsed them out and showed them to everyone else in the
class. I kind of think they were just being nice, but
at least I have a McMurdo shirt that no one else has and
can't be bought at the store.

No comments: