Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sea Kayaking


Growing up in the Midwest didn't educate me for
plying the waves in any kind of vessel. Let alone
a sea kayak. However, Lynn had been wanting to
go since we got here and since she's done a few
things that I wanted to do, but she wasn't really
wild about, I played along. Let's just say, sea
kayaks are basically big plastic corks, kind of
shaped like a low-lying boat that aren't designed
for comfort. Since it's a two person vessel, the
"brain" of the operation sits in back. In this case,
that was definitely Lynn. Never did we go deeper
than about 10 feet (3 meters) but it wasn't as bad
as I thought it would be...GASP! I even had a good
time! We paddled away from our familiar beach and
over to a nearby beach and even traversed between
two small islands, avoiding a "angry" pack of tiny
crabs along the way! A few striped fish checked us
out, to see what these weird things were in this big
red plastic thing...but otherwise it was peaceful
and tranquil. The next thing I knew, an hour had
gone by and our 200 Baht (about $6.00US) was well
spent. I still don't see a bright nautical career
in my future but I survived!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ciao
volevo farti i complimenti hai un sito bellissimo un abbraccio dall'Italia
Elisa

Congratulations on a beautiful website
Loved everything on your site and you did a magnificent job. You should be proud of yourself
if youhave just a minute, visit me back and live a comment with your link, so other Italian people will be able to visit your blog
Elisa