Monday, April 21, 2008

The Ham Shack


Although I don't have my license yet, I've been placed in charge
of the Ham Shack this winter. I hope to get either my Technician
Class or General Class license in the next few months, although
learning 5 words per minute Morse Code does not exactly sound like
my idea of fun. In the meantime, I can listen, but not talk since
you need a license for that. Should be interesting, but I haven't
had much free time lately to hike up the hill to check it out.
When I was there a few weeks ago, it was pretty snowed in, so I
had to do some digging, but inside was fairly toasty...plus it's
right next door to the Greenhouse so it's a worthwhile trip. Maybe
now that the last flight has left, I'll be able to get in some
listening time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that the wind kicked up and sent the webcam looking at the ground. However, from what I can tell, it looks like a decent day, from the ground at least.

rsbohn said...

The 5 wpm code requirement? Most places have dropped it.