Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Cry For Help?


Tonight at trivia, one of the questions involved the
playing of a song. The song was Wuthering Heights by
Kate Bush. One which currently resides on my iPod and
I've enjoyed for years. However the question was: Who
wrote the book, Wuthering Heights? I'm aware of the
story and the plotline, but to be honest, have never
read the book. I started once, but found the whole
Heathcliff, Cathy, Moors...blah blah blah...too boring.
The scary thing is...I KNEW who wrote the book. Emily
Brontë wrote it. Emily Brontë, sister of Charlotte
Brontë who wrote Jane Eyre (and WHY would I know that
as well???). I'm beginning to wonder what OTHER useless
stuff is in my head. Why can't I use this knowledge to
find a cure for cancer, stop world hunger, end war,
discover a healthy type of liverwurst? Instead, Emily
Brontë pops into my head...and it's scaring me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you would do all of those things if they were what you are into, tom!