Sunday, November 02, 2008

Making the Transition


There is no way I should still be up at 11:45pm posting
on my blog, but it's that time of year where I need to
train myself (and my brain) to stay awake. Tomorrow night
I'm working my first night shift of the season. Kaska and
I will be working from 5:45pm to 6:00am. Silly thing...we
both asked to be on this shift. As Air Service Reps, we have
to spend half the season on nights and we both wanted to
get it out of the way. It also helps me adjust to the throngs
since just a little over six weeks ago, I remember this place
only being home to 125 people instead of the almost 1000 that
now reside here. What's odd is that there are still about
20 people up and about in the kiosk where I've set up my
don't-fall-asleep-camp for the next six hours. I have a
feeling that many of them will drop off over the next few
hours while I am battling drowsiness and keeping company with
a big cup of tea.

No comments: