Thursday, June 25, 2009

They Will Be Missed


This week, we've lost Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon
and recently David Carradine. What do they all have in common?
Icons of my childhood.

Michael Jackson: First saw him on the Diana Ross special on TV.
One of my first childhood TV memories. Later of course owned
"Thriller", but one of my favorite albums was "Off The Wall".

Farrah Fawcett: Who didn't watch Charlie's Angels? Although,
I thought she was better in "Logan's Run".

Ed McMahon: Many a summer evening watching the Tonight
Show on the living room floor growing up, watching Ed cater to
Johnny's every whim.

David Carradine: Of course I was a big "Kung Fu" fan. Only later
was I disappointed to find out the Bruce Lee was supposed to be
in the starring role. How cool would that have been???

Yes, they all had a disturbing, creepy side sometime in their lives,
but I tend to have a selective memory. They will be missed...at
least by me.

No comments: