Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Enjoying Christchurch


I received a surprise this morning when I saw my
friends, Dave and Kelly. Not a surprise that they
were staying in the same hotel as I am since I saw
them the evening before. No, their presence meant
that their flight had been delayed and as a result,
my flight is now delayed since I'm on the flight
after them. Woo Hoo! I had a pretty uneventful
morning as I headed out to the Clothing Distribution
Center (CDC) to pack up a few boxes to send home
and spend some time on the internet before being
issued my Extreme Cold Weather (ECW) gear.
I exchanged some things, which for some reason
the size I was given would have fit me when I was
about 10 years old, but I got my Spring Jacket
(Little Red) which Lynn I discussed whether I would
get this year or not, so everything went smoothly.
I got back to town at about 2pm and it had turned
into a really nice afternoon. Lots of flowers around
since it's Spring here. I enjoyed another meal of
Indian food and called it an early night, but it's nice
knowing I won't have to get up early in the morning
since I know I won't be flying!

No comments: