Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Physically Qualified


This is what we have to go through now to become
Physically Qualified to go down to the Ice. Really???
No, not really, but I needed a photo and when you
Google "Physically Qualified", this is what shows up.

Well, as of today, I am Physically Qualified (PQ'd) to
go south in less than three weeks. Being PQ'd is when
the Medical Department at Raytheon deems you
physically fit enough to endure the hardships of
spending the season on the Coldest, Highest, Driest
and Windiest continent on the planet. I'll be on the
second flight of Mainbody with an on Ice date of
September 30th, leaving Grand Junction on September
24th. I'm not looking forward to being away from Lynn
for 5 months, but I'll be busy so the time will go by
quickly.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow already!? That time went fast or at least it seems like it did with all your posts etc...

Tom said...

Yep...I leave two weeks from today