Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pad Thai


More years ago than I would like to admit, we took a Thai
cooking class from our friends Saluay and Cheri at Hut 10
at McMurdo Station. Cheri had recently taken a similar
and was willing to share her new-found knowledge with us.
Our friend, Saluay, who is originally from Thailand acted as
co-teacher and we learned how to make all sorts of great
Thai dishes. In Antarctica, of all places! We even received
a great cook book to take with us. Ever since then, I've loved
to make Pad Thai. It's one of my favorite dishes since I love
Thai food and I love taking all the steps to make it a great
dish. Lynn claimed that my latest effort was possibly the best
Pad Thai she's ever had and I like to think it was pretty darn
good as well. Darn...now I have this urge to go back and visit
Thailand again...






5 comments:

ruzzel01 said...

My favorite. I never get tired of eating it.

atlanta physician

Bridal Gowns said...

Ah, but that should not be your concern, because when bridal couples plan you still have freedom of choice and this wedding is a perfect inspiration for those who like it very chic!aitu

sidharth sunil said...

Looks tasty
may i mamma can the picture so that my mom can cook this Thai food.

Richard Finley said...

It is nice to remember some food in every part of the world that you've tried in your travel experience. What more if it will be on Antarctica? You'll bring the food you like.

Antarctica Expedition

Arya Samaj Mandir said...

Nice Blog - Thus we request you keep me sending such kind of valuable info.thanks a lot to this blog post - Arya Samaj Mandir, Love Marriage Delhi