Monday, May 28, 2007

Have You Seen This Parka?


This is my Parka

There are others like it.

But this Parka is mine.

Or so I used to think. When I finished lunch today, I came
back to the coat area and my parka (or "Big Red" as they are
usually known) was gone. With only 119 people on station and
probably 25% of those not wearing a Big Red, I'm not sure how
anybody could have confused their coat for mine. Especially
with someone else's gloves, a knitted cap, a gaiter, keys,
goggles and a knitted square from Lynn's knitting project in
the pockets. So as I write this, I'm hoping that someone
has discovered the error of their ways and returned my coat to
the B-155 Coat Area or calls me or writes me. It's the only
coat I have for the rest of the winter so I hope it turns up!

UPDATE!!!
It returned. I called Amy at the Store, who informed me that
she looked for it at 1:00 and it wasn't there. When I called
her to check at 4:00 she informed me that it was back, albeit
in a different place than I left it. (I wasn't losing my mind
after all and someone actually did take it by mistake). So
there you go. Big Red is safely back home.

2 comments:

andrea said...

so, did you find it yet?

Tom said...

Hi Andrea...Yep, it showed up later that afternoon. Apparently someone took it thinking it was their's