Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Porque no te callas?


I'm no fan of Hugo Chavez, so it delighted me a couple
of weeks ago when King Juan Carlos of Spain told this
jerk what a lot of people would like to have said for years
to this thug: Translated into English, "Why don't you
shut up", when Chavez insisted on calling former Spanish
President Jose Maria Aznar, a fascist and interrupted the
current president when he was speaking. I'm not an expert
in Spanish-Latin American politics, but I do know that
Chavez is not well-liked (rightly so in my opinion) by
many. Now it appears others are speaking with their
money and literally with their cell phones. A ringtone
of "Porque no te callas?" (in many cases using the King's
own voice) has been purchased by half a million people,
including many in Venezuela. Hmm...Maybe Hugo will finally
listen.

1 comment:

Lori Murray said...

What a great ring tone. I'll try to track it down and download it. Though I don't think Hugo will listen to anyone. He's too convinced he's right to pay attention to other ideas. I'm glad you guys are back state side for a while. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your folks.
L