Thursday, January 24, 2008

Squinting in the Sun


I found out this morning that I'm able to stay in my current
room at the Y for the rest of my stay. When Lynn left for
the Ice, the Reception Staff informed me that even though I
was moving to a Single Room, 5 nights later I would need to
switch back to a Double Room for just one night. Ugh.
So anyway, I received a note under my door from the Daytime
Reception staff that I would be able to stay where I am.
(The Daytime staff seems much nicer than the Nighttime staff,
but that's a whole other story, for another time) So after
running errands today, I came back to my cozy little room and
decided to use the one thing about it that makes it really
pleasant. It has a balcony! Yes, a single room at the Y with
a balcony is a treat indeed. So, I drug my small desk and chair
out on the balcony and began to play on my MacBook. The only
problem...I forgot that computer screens are darn difficult to
see in any kind of sunlight, direct, semi-cloudy or otherwise.
Needless to say, I'm getting my fair share of squinting in...
and it's not because I'm getting older and my eyes are getting
worse...that could never happen...could it?

No comments: