Monday, February 11, 2008

The Voice of Antarctica


Because it's responsible for Radio Communications throughout
the continent of Antarctica, and the United States has the
largest Antarctic Program, Mac Ops is called the Voice of
Antarctica. McMurdo is not the only US station to have
Radio Communications. South Pole and Palmer Station do as
well. But...for one half hour today, I was left alone at
the Radio console (I'm starting to get the hang of this new
part of my job...Thursday I work a whole shift by myself).
I was THE Voice of Antarctica! OK...that may be a bit ego-
centric, but at least I felt good about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I can't pick that up here in Iowa! Will you be developing that Don Pardo announcer voice now?

Anonymous said...

It's fun to have that much control of the airwaves...*insert evil laughter*

xoxo Erika