Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Visitors From The East


No, the Magi didn't drop by my parents' house in
Indiana, but we did have a nice visit from my
Aunt Sharon and Uncle Ray from South Bend and
their daughters Deb and Diane and Deb's daughter,
Michele. I was fortunate enough to visit with
Aunt Sharon and Uncle Ray and Deb in the fall of
2005 before leaving for the Ice but I hadn't seen
Diane for a few years. She just recently moved
back to Indiana after retiring from 20+ years as a
Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. I had been many years
since I had seen Michele, who is a Pharmacy major at
Purdue, my alma mater. We laughed over lots of
Hamann/Smith family stories, including those about
all of the cousins growing up, and many stories that
were new to me about my Grandma and Grandpa Hamann.
It was a very satisfying and fuzzy-feeling day.
It's good to spend time with family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, your blog is really nice.

I am from Portugal. See my blog too: http://basqueteboldairas.blogs.sapo.pt

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the new choose an identity thing, so this is Deb. We had a great time, too, but I'd like to know if I'm considered to be one of the wise men or a camel?