Friday, August 27, 2010

15 Albums

A friend of ours posted a note on Facebook to challenge us to name fifteen
albums that you've heard that will always stick with you. We needed to list
the first fifteen you could recall in no more than fifteen minutes. These are
the fifteen I came up with...in no particular order:


Yes - 90125
The first album I ever bought.


Journey - Escape
I was a huge Journey fan in high school and early college. This was the
first CD I ever bought.


Rush - Moving Pictures
This cassette was cranked as loud as it could go on many a bus trip to
high school volleyball games.


Van Halen - 1984
I was a late bloomer to the Van Halen bandwagon. I later became a huge
"Van Hagar" fan.


John Mellencamp - Scarecrow
Growing up in Indiana, this was a must.


Pink Floyd - The Wall
The second CD I ever bought. Listened to it until it almost wore out.


R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction
This album turned me into a R.E.M. fan and suddenly I was buying any
album that had anything to do with Athens Georgia.


The Police - Synchronicity
I listened to this constantly on my boom box my freshman year of college.


Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
This was a cassette that my brother, John told me to buy. I remember
listening to it at the same time with dual headphone jacks on a trip we
took to Milwaukee with my Mom and Dad.


Andy Williams - Moon River and Other Great Movie Themes
My parents owned this album (still probably do) and for some reason I remember
them playing it a lot (at least that's what I remember). Probably the reason Moon
River is one of my favorite songs to this day.


Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
I listened to this album every shift I worked my Junior year while
working at Von's Records at Purdue. It was pressed in very cool
pink paisley vinyl!


The Cars - Shake It Up
I owned something like three cassette tapes my senior year of high
school and this was one of them. I had a 1964 powder blue Ford
Fairlane and it had an 8 track player in it. I could only listen to my
three cassettes using one of those adapter thingys in which you stuck
a cassette into and then plugged it into the 8 track player.


Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
The first 8 Track of my brother's I ever listened to. Mostly because I liked the
cover art. Still my favorite Led Zeppelin album to this day.


U2 - War
I rushed out to Hegewich Records to buy this CD the same day I saw
U2 play at Live Aid.


Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
I remember listening to "Killer Queen" from this album while on the playground
in elementary school. I liked it...and Queen instantly.

So there you go. 15 albums that meant something to me during my life.
Think about which albums and what music was important to you!

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

I was going to make fun of your list...until I started making my list. Way too much bad music on my list to make fun of you. I guess that is what makes them OUR "lists." Thanks for sharing that.

Leah Mraz said...

I'm liking your list! And I think I'm from a different generation than you. :)