Sunday, May 20, 2012

Annular Solar Eclipse

It doesn't happen very often, but we witnessed a solar eclipse this evening.
We live a couple of hours north of where we could have witnessed "The
Ring of Fire" effect of a total eclipse, but it was fun nonetheless.  Lynn and
I took our pinhole'd paper out into the backyard and definitely saw the 
effects of the partial eclipse.  It did get noticeably darker for 7:30pm, but sadly
the lights didn't come on automatically and the birds didn't go to sleep!
I was tempted to drive the several hours south, but this satisfied my 
scientific geeky curiosity for the day...

1 comment:

Bridal Gowns said...

This Vera Wang gown makes in me rise to the desire to stand again my husband at the altar, with respect to or to search for at least a pretext in order to attract such a dream dress can. Whether there is reason enough for a dinner party? :)